We are looking for someone to join our research team to collect quantitative data about cities around the world. You will monitor local news, blogs and the websites of local governments and business. In some cases, you will also be reaching out directly to local businesses, journalists and municipal offices to find local insight.
- You will work closely with a team of economists and data analysts who have developed structured work processes for dealing with large amounts of city data.
- You will participate in creative workshops where you will be part of the development process for developing datasets into compelling news items.
Commitment: 3 months
What we seek:
- You are a self-motivated researcher and feel passionately about the role of facts and data in news reporting; we will place a high value on any previous experience you have of maintaining your own blog on a particular topic, or proven engagement on social networks promoting fact-based discussion.
- You are pursuing a Master’s degree in Journalism, Social Sciences or Humanities with a focus either on Data Journalism or Urban Studies.
- You are culturally sensitive and curious–experiences of living and travelling abroad are highly valuable. The multi-cultural aspect of the research means that any diversity your background provides will be of great value to understand the cities you cover.
- You have excellent English skills; being able to read multiple other languages will greatly help you in your tasks; German is not required.
What we offer:
- First-hand experience with a highly innovative approach to journalism and public relations.
- An opportunity to learn basic programming and data-analytics skills.
- A world-class research process developed through years of experience as leading consultancies and academic institutions.
- An office in Alexanderplatz, with free coffee, fruit and cereals.
- Financial compensation
To apply for this position, please write us a short cover letter telling us about yourself and explaining your motivation, a portfolio if possible and your CV.